What is Foot Golf?
An emerging game that mixes soccer with golf, FootGolf has made its way to Canada, after gaining popularity in Europe where the Inaugural World Cup was held in 2012, and in the U.S. The game is basically played the same way as golf, only with a soccer ball, shorter hole lengths, and of course a much bigger cup.
FootGolf is a lot of fun for the whole family. It is a great activity for team building, fundraising, team and corporate parties as well as birthday celebrations. Whisky Run is a proud member of the Canadian FootGolf Association.
What does it cost to play?
Foot Golf is a very affordable activity you can do with your family. Adults 18 years of age or older pay only $10+tax for a round of 18 holes. Children under 18 are just $5+tax. All Whisky Run members can play FootGolf as their membership allows for regular golf.
Remember – we have rental Soccer Balls available to you too! One Ball is just $3+tax. There is a $10 refundable deposit required when using rental soccer balls.
There are 10 Basic Rules to FootGolf
- Wear golf apparel all the time.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before the kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters behind the round markers (tee markers). The order is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will be the first to kick off on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- Play the ball from where it lies; The player is not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. – Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the water, receiving one penalty point, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one penalty point.
- Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleaned or replaced. – Regardless of the distance from the hole, the hole must be completed. “Giving” to the opponent is not allowed.
The game is played on the Owl golf course, and booking a tee time, works the same way as traditional golf. The course can be shared with Ball golfers and Disc Golfers; it takes approximately the same amount of time to play 18-holes of FootGolf or DiscGolf as it does to play 9-Holes of traditional golf.
Stay tuned for information on a new FootGolf League at Whisky Run.
For more information or to book a tee time please call (905) 835-6864.